As a part of the new Line Up 2019 of TV, The Frame, the Korean company announced the inclusion of the first Chilean artists to its Art Store platform, from which all its users from all over the world can gain access to more than 1,200 artworks from international renowned galleries and museums, as the Albertina, the Museo del Prado, among others. From October 1st the pieces by the 5 Chilean artist will be included to be enoyed when this TV turns into a frame when it’s turned off.
- Te podría interesar:
“It is the realization of a longing we had a long time ago,” says Matias Sabaj, Product Manager of Televisions at Samsung Electronics Chile. “Art Store has world-class art and photography collections, ranging from classic to contemporary expressions, and to date there was no Chilean art available yet. Today we can proudly say that Chilean art already has a presence on the global platform of the Samsung Art Store, and that it will be available from October, ”he added.
The Frame came to revolutionize the television market and established a new category: Lifestyle TV, which has 3 options to display and view your favorite works or photos in its Art Mode, that is, when you are not watching television.
● The first is My Collection, where you can have your favorite photos, whether taken by you from your cell phone, from your family, friends or images that you only like.
● The second alternative is Samsung Collection, which has 20 preloaded works for free, which you can choose without the need for the Internet.
● And the third one is ArtStore, a paid virtual gallery that has more than 1,200 works from renowned galleries and museums worldwide.
The first Chilean artists in Global Art Store of Samsung
Alberto Montt, Catalina Rojas, Karin Barrera, Mari Grisanti y Verónica Doerner are the 5 exponents of Chilean art that were included in the Korean platform, with a selection of their best works, which from October 1st will be available in the Samsung’s virtual gallery, either through the monthly subscription to Art Store for CLP2,990, or by the “a la carte” mode at CLP9,990 each work.
The representatives of Chile join 2 more from Latin America: Anuar Patjane from Mexico and Araquem from Brazil.
“These five artists went through an exhaustive selection process led by an editorial committee established in Korea, which watches over an artistic quality standard on the platform, where you can find curated collections by world-class institutions such as the Albertina, Art Museum of Vienna, Saatchi Art or the mythical international photography agency Magnum Photos. In that sense, the works of these five Chilean artists are at a superlative level, putting the name of Chilean art at the top ”, says Matias.
The Frame 2019 with QLED technology and more size options
The works of the five Chilean artists can be appreciated throughout the world through the renewed The Frame, which in this version 3.0 incorporates, for the first time, QLED technology, which guarantees 100% volume of color in the images and one billion of tones to achieve a truly immersive experience with precision, improved brightness and deeper blacks.
The 2019 version also brings novelties regarding the device sizes: in addition to the well-known 55 ’model, 43, 49 and 65-inch sizes are added, all 4K, ideal for turning any room into a true art gallery.
Looking to adapt to different lifestyles, designs, spaces and tastes, The Frame incorporates customizable design through different magnetic frames to facilitate its assembly and disassembly, in 4 different colors: beige, coffee, black and white.
On the other hand, The Frame has key features to enjoy Art Mode:
● Includes a wall bracket without spaces (No gap wall mount), which allows the TV to be completely attached to the wall, such as a picture.
● It has One Invisible Connection, a single practically invisible cable, 3.5 mm thick, and 5 meters long, which is linked to your One Connect, so that all connections to other devices, decoders or other devices are not the view.
● Ambient Light Sensor to automatically adjust the brightness and color, to achieve natural lighting so that, regardless of whether it is day or night, the user can admire the piece of art as if it were in a gallery. It also includes Motion Sensor, which detects the presence of people around The Frame, to turn on the screen and show the works or turn it off to save energy.
The radical change The Frame offers is real; On will allow you to enjoy an impressive 4K QLED TV, and off will be the perfect complement to admire famous and known works of art or your favorite family photos, including Chilean artists for the first time.
For more content and pictures, check the Newsroom by Samsung Electronics Chile: https://news.samsung.com/cl/